If you heard somewhere about Vietnam visa on arrival and are seeking for more information about it, this piece of information may work.
1. Not all travelers can use Vietnam visa on arrival
While all travelers can obtain a visa via Vietnam embassy, only certain nationals can use visa on arrival to Vietnam.
To know whether you can obtain this kind of visa or not, refer to: http://www.vietnam-visa.com/vietnam-visa-requirement/.
2. Visa on arrival works for travelers to Vietnam by air only
As travelers using visa on arrival will need to get visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport, this kind of visa is for those traveling to Vietnam by air only. In case you do not travel to Vietnam by air, please apply for Vietnam visa via the local embassy of Vietnam.
3. To pick up full visa upon arrival in Vietnam, you need to get an approval letter beforehand
Visa on arrival does not mean you will get the visa upon arriving in Vietnam without doing anything before departure to Vietnam. To use this kind of visa, you will need first to obtain a visa approval letter. And obtaining it is not a difficult task; but an easy one with 3 simple steps as follows:
- Fill outonline application form for visa approval letter with required information, consisting of:
- Contact information (name, email and phone number);
- Visa information (visa type, purpose of visit, visa duration and arrival airport);
- Applicant information (full name, nationality, gender, date of birth, passport number and passport expiry date).
- Check information again to make sure all details you provide is correct. Then, make payment of service fee (also known as visa letter fee);
- Check your email within 2 working days to get visa approval letter and detailed guide to pick up full visa upon arrival at Vietnam airport;
And then, with this approval letter, you will get visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport.
4. Total cost of Vietnam visa on arrival
To use visa on arrival, one will need to pay two kinds of fee: Service fee and stamping fee.
– Service fee is the fee to be paid to the travel agent for processing your visa application with the Vietnam Immigration Department and delivering visa approval letter to your email. It is also called visa letter fee.
– Stamping fee is the fee to be paid to immigration officer to get visa stamped onto your passport.
For details of these costs, one can refer to http://www.vietnam-visa.com/vietnam-visa-fees/.
5. Main types of Vietnam visa
At the moment, Vietnam visa on arrival supports the following main types:
- 1-month single entry visa: valid for one month and 1 entry only during that 1 month;
- 1-month multiple entry visa: valid for one month and multiple entries during that 1 month;
- 3-month single entry visa: valid for 3 months and 1 entry only during those 3 months;
- 3-month multiple entry visa: valid for 3 months and multiple entries during those 3 months;
Above is basic information about Vietnam visa on arrival that you should know to better prepare for your trip to Vietnam.