With just almost 2 hours flying and various attractions, Vietnam has long been an appealing destination for Singaporean residents. Among several things in the checklist before Vietnam, Vietnam visa is one important item that may strongly affect your trip to Vietnam.
In this post, we will deal with two issues: Do you need a visa if you travel to Vietnam from Singapore? And how can you get the Vietnam visa in Singapore? By reading through this post, we ensure you will save yourself a lot of time and cost.
Now, let’s go through each question.
Do I need a visa if I travel to Vietnam from Singapore?
To deal with this question, please remember that visa requirement has nothing related to your residence, but your nationality.
If you bear Singaporean nationality, you are not required to get a visa for a stay in Vietnam of up to 30 days. Otherwise, you need to check out https://www.vietnam-visa.com/vietnam-visa-requirements/ to make sure your nationality is exempted from visa or not. If yes, of course, you do not need to obtain the visa upon your eligibility for visa exemption. Otherwise, you need one.
Now, it comes to the second question:
How can I obtain a visa for Vietnam in Singapore?
Getting Vietnam visa from Singapore has been made much easier thanks to availability of the two options as follows:
- Getting visa via the Vietnam embassy; or
- Getting visa on arrival.
Following are major differences between these two ways:
|Description||Visa on arrival||Embassy visa|
|Issued by||Vietnam Immigration Department||Vietnam Embassy in Singapore|
|Processing time||2 working days (or 2 hours urgent)||4 – 5 working days|
|Processing fee||From US$21 (excluding stamp fee)||Varied by case|
|Additional fees||None||Postal cost, driving, parking fees|
Now, let’s see in details how each of them works to figure out which is the best for you.
For Visa at Vietnam Embassy:
Getting visa via the embassy of Vietnam in Singapore does not pose any inconvenience as the distance from your place to the embassy might have not taken you so much time to reach. But before reaching there, you need to prepare:
- A completed application form (to be downloaded from website of the Vietnam Embassy in Singapore), attach it with your photo;
- Original passport;
- And other documents as required by the embassy (to consult them in advance for this detail).
- Visa fee.
And then, after completing these documents, you need to:
- Travel to the Embassy to submit application documents and pay for visa fee;
- Get the Appointment Letter and then leave there for home;
- Travel back to the embassy on the appointed date to pick up original passport and visa.
For Visa on Arrival
If the travel forth back from the embassy of Vietnam in Singapore puts you in trouble, you have visa on arrival to deal with. Its process is completely different. It allows you to get a visa approval letter online without submission of any document, and then pick up full visa at Vietnam airport upon your arrival there.
Here is the process to get Vietnam visa on arrival in Singapore:
- Access to https://booking.vietnam-visa.com/step1.html, and complete the form there (no document is required);
- Make payment of service fee online;
- Receive visa approval letter via email within guaranteed time;
- Get visa stamped upon original passport upon arrival at Vietnam airport (a few minutes at the airport).
However, despite its convenience in application, visa on arrival is for those traveling to Vietnam by air only. Please keep it in mind while submitting your application.
This is a full guide for Vietnam visa from Singapore. We are sure that by reading here, you now already know which way is best for you.